Why replace missing teeth with implants?
- Dental implants can restore your appearance.
- Having the teeth replaced raises self-esteem.
- Dental implants can improve speech.
- Dental implants make eating more pleasurable and satisfying.
- The proper teeth aid in better digestion for a healthier you.
- The procedure is highly successful, as most people have a good result.
- There is little discomfort after surgery, and over the counter medicine usually keeps a patient comfortable.
- Dental implants can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or secure a full denture.
- Only your dentist needs to know you were missing teeth.
- Dental Financing with companies such as Care Credit make it possible for some to afford the care.
Let's look at the implant procedure.
An implant procedure is basically the same whether you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth. However, some people require extra procedures such as bone graft or a sinus lift. An implant can be quite simple in uncomplicated cases. The gum tissue is opened and the jawbone exposed. If a bone graft is recommended, it is placed to help anchor the implant more securely in place. A special drill is used to prepare the bone, and the implant is placed. After the procedure, sutures are used to secure the tissue during healing. Some people will require a sinus lift to make room for the implant to fit. Both the bone graft and sinus lift adds expense to the overall cost if they are necessary. The implant is now left to osseointegrated with the bone. A crown (tooth) is later placed on top. The implant will be secure enough to chew, speak and brush your teeth with confidence. Best of all, it will look like a natural tooth.
Let's look at the time involved in the implant process.
After the surgery, the osseointegration of the implant takes approximately three to six months. After healing and integrating, the implant will be uncovered and a post attached to support the artificial tooth. An impression is taken, and a crown is specifically fabricated with a shade to match existing teeth. It usually takes two to three weeks to fabricate a crown. It is then attached to the implant.
Dental implants are the latest technology. They are a permanent solution for those missing a single or multiple teeth. They are the durable, permanent and the best solution to replace teeth. Dental implants are widely available and people should consider the option says Marietta, GA dentist.