The plan must be written down and posted to your refrigerator.
- Number one is to complete a grocery list when you are not hungry. Plan out the week's healthy meals, and snacks.
- Number two is to make sure you eat breakfast every day. It's a good time of day to get that necessary caloric intake.
- Number three is to plan on exercising every day. Walking is an excellent way to begin, and you can build up the distance slowly. Find a buddy as committed as you.
- Number four is to train yourself to eat less. Trick your mind by serving meals on a smaller plate. Try it, it works.
- Number five is to have healthy snacks ready for when you have uncontrollable hunger pangs. Granola bars, yogurts low in sugar, bananas, whole-grain cereals, nuts, microwave popcorn and berries are some good suggestions.
- Number six is to buy complex carbohydrate whole-wheat pasta, breads, potatoes, and rice. This is more difficult for your body to digest and it releases energy slower, helping combat food cravings.
- Number seven is to omit soft drinks, sports drinks, and any other sugary drinks from your diet. Drink water or unsweet tea with and in between meals. It is shocking the number of calories that this alone can reduce.
Since, America is leading the charge in weight gain, it is us that need to turn it around. If you follow the seven steps above, you will shed some pounds. It is time to make a commitment to be part of the solution and plan out success.