- Red Wine- it’s an acidic beverage that contains tannins, known for staining teeth.
- Tea – just like wine, it contains tannins. You should stick with herbal green and white teas instead of black teas.
- Coffee –although, it’s low in tannins, it contains chromogens, also known for staining teeth.
- Cola Drinks – it’s an acidic beverage that contains chromogens. Even light colored colas can stain your teeth. Most carbonated beverages have similar acidity to battery acid and it promotes staining.
- Sport Drinks – it’s a high acidic beverage that softens up your enamel and it sets the stage for staining.
- Berries – strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and cranberries are all intensely colored fruits that cause stains.
- Sauces – tomato sauce, curry sauce, soy sauce also contain dark colors that cause stains.
- Candies – if your tongue turns a funny color then chances are your teeth will too. Besides, eating candies allows you more prone to dental cavities.
1. Brush, Floss and Rinse
2. Drink with a straw
3. Swish with water after drinking or eating high-staining foods
4. Don’t smoke
5. Whitening your teeth professionally
6. Use take-home professional whitening kits