|Sensitive Teeth Can be Excruciating|
The skyrocketing sensitivity epidemic is caused by many factors, however a big culprit is soda. The phosphoric and citric acids prevalent in sodas alter the pH balance of the mouth and causes enamel to erode.
The sensitivity can be extreme and plague people the rest of their life. Even hot and cold temperatures of food and drink can be continually bothersome and painful.
People are drinking more soda than ever, an estimated 44 gallons a person per year, according to the National Soft Drink Association.
The best way to ward off erosion is to abstain from soda. However, for those who insist, here's a few tips to consider.
1. Limit consumption only to meals.
2. If you must have a soda, drink it at once. Do not sip it continually throughout the day.
3. Drink water after you have a soda to cleanse the mouth.
4. Brush after drinking a soda, if possible.
5. Chew Trident Gum after drinking.
6. Ask your dentist about fluoride treatments in the office and product to take home.
The Marietta cosmetic dentists are +Verde Pointe Dental Associates are happy to answer any questions you may have about tooth sensitivity and enamel erosion. A sensitive tooth can become like a toothache, giving way to a trip to the dentist. Drs. Kirk Kimmerling DDS and Suzanna Aguilera offer a New Patient $100 Coupon to help with co-pays and out of pocket expenses. Let us help you with sensitive teeth.